Corporate Foreign Diving ousts Dive Palancar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both Dressel and Pro Dive (for the most part) use poorly paid European Dive Guides who really don't know the sites and rotate in and out. I believe the DMs are mainly on a semi paid vacation and to polish resumes.

They get around the law, which is one foreign worker for each 8 Mexican employees, by counting every staff member of the hotel including maids and even the staff of their accounting firms. It is the perfect money making scheme for cattle boat operations and the hotels that employ them.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Both Dressel and Pro Dive (for the most part) use poorly paid European Dive Guides who really don't know the sites and rotate in and out. I believe the DMs are mainly on a semi paid vacation and to polish resumes.
Interesting!

We made a trip to the Allegro last year and dove with Pro Dive. Price was good and nitrox was free but I was surprised that customers did not get to pick dive sites. They were pre-selected by the op. I guess that is necessary when working with DMs with limited dive site knowledge.

We usually liked to stay at the grand and do morning dives with a small op (BlueXT) and then afternoon and night dives with Dive Palancar. I guess we will now be looking for other hotel options. Anybody know the name of the new hotel just north of Fiesta American by Dzul Ha?

I think you are asking about a building of high end condo's.

I think you are asking about a building of high end condo's.

Thanks. That would explain why I can't find them online. I guess Secrets is moving to the head of the pack.

Dear AWAP,

Why don't you consider staying closer to town, and if AI is your thing several other places can fill the bill…Hotel Cozumel comes to mind. IT is a short walk into a VERY NEAT town, and you can have your choice of Blue XTC or any dive op you want.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Sorry folks, but most comments on this thread are totally ridiculous. I can understand that if someone is a friend of Dive Palancar and sees when they are losing a concession can be disappointed. But most statements made here are simply wrong. How do you guys know what Prodive said to their DMT's last week on the boat, where you there?

I have been diving with Prodive several times already, know them quite well, and they provide exceptional service. They are among the only ones that provide free Nitrox in Cozumel, besides Dressel divers who is also accused here of being a bad ass company.

Honestyl, you guys would fit fine into a TV talk show and make some fire there with groundless accusations!!

Prodive Mexico is NOT a German company, but a 100% Mexican company that exists already more than 10 years now and about 80-90% of their staff still are Mexicans. Yes they have some foreigners working for them but as far as I know these are all 100% legal and since only 1 foreigner is allowed to work per 10 Mexicans they are keeping this quote provided by the law. (its not 8 per 1, nor 5 per 1, it's 10 per 1...smarty pants!)

Foreigners must be less than 10%. But these few foreigners speak languages such as Dutch, French (that works for French Canadians too), Italian, German and Spanish. This means it drives divers from these countries to the hotels, which raises hotel occupancies which again secures jobs of more Mexican workers!! Makes sense??? So the foreigners taking jobs here from Mexicans is simple BS, that fits into someones frustration that Dive Palancar has been replaced by another company. The same could have happened in a way that a Mexican takes a concession from a Mexican company and then it would have been ok? Yes I agree, as any other act sometimes business must do thinks to stay competetive in a market right? That is true for any typr of business in any type of industry....any entrepreneurs around?

I know Prodive very well, since I dove with them several times and I can assure they provide BEST service and I am sure that is the main reason why the Occidental chain asked them to come in and take over the concession. Everyone who dives with them loves them! So cut the crap...The quality services of Prodive are visible all over the internet and this is just obvious.

Besides the DM's and instructors that work at prodive do work there for several years, at least as far as I know but I know some that I meet there year after year. There is Pascal, Hans, and Nacho, that all have been for years! they do know the reefs like the pockets of their pants, and this company dives ALL the reefs on the island (maybe not the east side ones, wo there you have something to brag about now Mr. Aldora, and try to get some additional clients)

They don’t even employ divemasters only instructors so the person who stated prodive employs foreign DM's with no pay, is blasting BS assumptions into the internet with no basis.

Who told that prodive pays 125 USD per week, I certainly know this is not true, the guides as I am told there are well enough paid.

I truly like to interact and participate in, and discuss constructive criticism in life but this thread here is really sad and ridiculous, and I think the only one who spoke some truth here with knowledge behind the comments is actually Dandy Don , and he accused to be the talking based on assumptions by all these haters.

Wake up people, grow up or get a life!

Dear AWAP,

Why don't you consider staying closer to town, and if AI is your thing several other places can fill the bill…Hotel Cozumel comes to mind. IT is a short walk into a VERY NEAT town, and you can have your choice of Blue XTC or any dive op you want.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
I can think of more than a few areas where Hotel Cozumel and Secrets differ.

In any case, one can have a choice of morning dive ops when staying at the southern AIs. It's afternoon dives that awap wanted with DP. Sure, afternoon dives are available at Hotel Cozumel with Dive Paradise, but is that really an improvement over ProDive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom