Coroner's report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theunraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I am just wondering if there is any websites out there that keep track of scuba fatalities and the breakdown of what happened that led up to the accident? That would be really useful.

Thanks

Undercurrent does a good job of reporting on fatalities in an summary format.

Divers Alert Network does, but I believe you have to be a member. They do an annual report.
Changed - membership no longer required. Divers Alert Network : DAN Medical Center : Annual Diving Report

They only can publish what is given to them by local authorities tho, and scuba related deaths in many of the popular dive locations may not be examined as well as in more developed countries. Some of us cynics altho believe that facts are hidden to protect tourist business.

Wow - a diver who committed suicide by stabbing himself rather than drown. The coroner in Croatia seemed to have done a pretty thorough job. However, since this was published in a medical journal, it was obviously a very unusual case and as such, doubtful that coroner's findings in scuba diving deaths are regularly published in any country.

well -- another reazon to carry a big f****** knife.
My little 2 inch blunt would not do it for this knda task.
got to go find a 10 incher with a point and REALLY sharp...:confused4:

doubtful that coroner's findings in scuba diving deaths are regularly published in any country.

Every single inquest report is public in the UK so as such all scuba diving incidents.

BSAC also publish annual incident reports and summaries.

I do remember that cave diver suicide being discussed here long ago. Quite unusual. Like someone said of the Open Water movie. Never give up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom