Coronavirus Vaccine Could Kill Half A Million Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

According to the article, there are non-animal sources of squalene.

I didn’t see that (sorry for not reading it thoroughly). Then is this a moot point? An unnecessary ‘call to arms’? (Still didn’t go back and scour the article, tbh)

So, if true, 500,000 sharks would die to help tide a pandemic, but 2.7 million sharks die annually to make cosmetics. I say make a vaccine and stop killing sharks for cosmetics. Again, if true.
That's a legitimate question when the story comes from npr.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSJshICyrJK9XM52IcA5BNiXnHVPNFI7-yxUw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Couldn't help but think of the movie Deep Blue Sea. Just breed the sharks bigger so they can provide more squalene per shark. Nothing bad will happen.

500.000 sharks dead instead of 500.000 humans dead (or much more, depending on the scenario).
Despite my love for sharks, I have no doubt that it is better to kill sharks than humans...
At least sharks don't ruin our planet to the best of their abilities.

At least sharks don't ruin our planet to the best of their abilities.
For solving this, killing just 500.000 humans or even 500 millions, would have a negligible effect.
We should kill 5 billions humans, then this could save our planet from us...

For solving this, killing just 500.000 humans or even 500 millions, would have a negligible effect.
We should kill 5 billions humans, then this could save our planet from us...
I don't disagree.

According to mass-media, the corona virus is already doing that job for you. No need to take the gun and become an active part in that.
More important: in ten minutes time my pasta al forno will be done. I will enjoy it, so enjoy your meal, too!

Just breed the sharks bigger so they can provide more squalene per shark. Nothing bad will happen.

I suppose now would be a good time to reference that movie, "The Meg"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom