copyright sign and name on pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try this: TSR Watermark Image Software 1.9.6.2 Free

It lets you put a text copyright watermark anywhere on an image, any size font, transparency, color etc. And it will do batch processing. It also allows you to set a destination folder so you don't watermark your originals. And it's free for non-commercial use.

I know you asked for freeware, but how about inexpensive? There is an "out-there" bunch of Canadians that have been on top of things since the start of digital images.

Alchemy Mindworks

Very reasonable price considering the top-quality software you get.

tip: Copy an image to your computer, right-click on it, details, remove properties and personal information. Delete the original and rename the copy back to the original name. -Now you are sending just a bit less information about yourself and whole lot less about the camera that took it. (If it matters to you.)

If you use a professional image hosting service (I use SmugMug), it's easy to have that set up to automatically watermark all your photos when they are browsed through your site, without altering the originals on their servers. It's also easy to upload various resolutions of your images (with the watermark) from there to other photo websites. You can set it up to allow prints ordered online with or without the watermark. The downside is that, obviously, pro features tend to not be free.

hum, here's food for tought. I think that i'll simply reduce the resolution of what I post so that it's still nice to share but useless to use otherwise.
Controlling the resolution is probably the single best way to limit how much your work can be misused by others, especially if you aren't trying to sell prints online.

Back
Top Bottom