Copyright issue, My WHALES on MSNBC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Wow, great photo! So what are you going to do regarding the reporter using your photo without permission?

Mel

Cool whale shot! Good luck

What a pisser! It's a great shot, which is why I've seen it around. I hate to add to the mess, but did you license use of that shot in the NY Times in late Oct. last year? I saw it while riding on the subway and looking over someone's shoulder -- I think it was in the NY Times Magazine insert.

Sorry to hear about the unlicensed use Chris. Keep us posted.

Great shot!

It sucks that they used it without your permission, at least they gave you credit for the picture. I also have no idea how much they should have paid you to use the picture but, and don't get me wrong here because I'm not on anyones side but if it helps to save whales and their environment, don't you think it's worth it?

Awesome picture, Chris... too bad about the unauthorized use. I hope you get the issue resolved fairly for yourself. Coming back our way any time soon or do I have to head to Guam?

Dr. Bill

Man Chris, that's a big time bummer! Good luck, hope it works out in your favor!

Chris, that is my dream shot! Not to worry. I give you unlimited license on my dreams. Good luck and let us know how we can help.

---Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom