Copenhagen logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich1280

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Afternoon,
I was in Copenhgen at the weekend for a family wedding, and it looks like there should be diving in and around the area. There's a busy port, lots of maritime history and a couple of significant global disagreements in the area in the moderately recent history, so I think there should be wrecks, and that bit of sea I don't think is too deep.

Is there any infrastructure in the area to support a visit? Could be twinsets and nitrox range, or CCR/trimix support if deeper? I had a quick search online and found a couple of dive shops listed in the area, but nothing really jumped out as a diving destination. I'm used to year round UK diving, so weather and cold aren't a bother, just are there boats to get to things?

Looking forward to going back and more Tuborg and polsehorn.
Rich

There's frankly not an enormous amount of fantastic diving here, unfortunately. There are a couple of wrecks that you need a boat to get to but I'm not aware of any commercial operation on the Danish side that goes there (though it may exist). It could be that there are things on the other side of Själland... From shore you'll be limited to single-digit meter depths except in a couple of specific spots.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at other locations then. I'm over diving off Jutland next year, but it we could visit family and get some diving in that would be nice. Are you over the bridge in Sweden then, and is there anything that side? Hire car across the bridge tripled the price compared to just staying in Dk was the only thing.
Rich

Are you over the bridge in Sweden then, and is there anything that side?
I am, and there kind of isn't. We drive 3-4 hours up the coast to get interesting diving. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom