Coolest creatures you've seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigfoot at Lake Pat Mayes near Paris Texas!!

While snorkeling ive seen whalesharks and theire truely amazing creatures.
While scuba diving id have to say the lobster that decided to have a go at one of the divers instead of hiding under his rock.. You could hear quite well how he snapped his claws trying to pinch his mask.
We found out it was better to leave him alone than to stay around and bother it tho

What id LIKE to see is turtles, more sharks (only shark ive seen while scuba was a single nurse shark that wasnt very close), and rays.. Dolphins would be nice too.

Giant Black Sea Bass off Italian Gardens in Catalina. Cool because they were hunted to the edge of extinction and now, due to protection, they are back.

While diving in Grand Cayman I found a baby scorpion fish. If you are not use to looking for adult scorpion fish they can be hard to find, but a baby one less than an inch in length is harder.

Manta ray and dolphins --- so far.

Vanessar

I must say.... I dig eels, morays, wolfies...I dig eels. But I adore the Giant Pacific Octopus that live here in my home waters of the Puget Sound.

Sixgill sharks, in particular two 10' Sixgills seen up close and personal at the same time. Giant Pacific Octopus, several very large one's out in the open hunting their prey come to mind. Hearing an Orca underwater although I've only seen them while above water. Seeing hundreds of Squid mate and lay their eggs. A rather aggresive California Sealion was impressive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom