Convince me it shouldn't be missed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to jump in on this thread, but you all seem knowledgeable...I will be in flying into southern Thailand from Bangkok on December 11th to the 18th and trying to choose staying in Khao Lak and diving the Similans/ Surin (maybe a 3 day/ 4 night liveaboard) or flying into Krabi, going to Ko Lanta and diving Hin Daeng and Hin Muang. I was in Khao Lak last year and did an overnight dive to Similans (awesome). What is the vibe in Ko Lanta? I want to avoid touristy areas and I like the backpacker/ flashpacker places. Any recommendations between the two areas? Can I do both within this time frame? I'm also looking to do some kayaking, trekking, massage on the beach and...can't miss a cold beer at a low-key beach bar at the end of the day! :wink:

Thanks for the advice, Katdiver. I will check it out. Bought my tickets flying into Krabi on Dec 11th, so Railey's a good location. Can't seem to find many budget lodging options on Lanta. Any suggestions in Railey or surrounding areas? Also, any recommendations for good dive operators?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom