Converting ATX200 to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

COUSTEA

New
Reaction score
I am converting my APEKS ATX200 to DIN. I have a couple questions. I know I have to unscrew and remove the fitting holding the yoke on. Do I have to take apart the DIN fitting, or do I just install it right out of the box? I just installed a DIN on an Oceanic reg, and I had to take the DIN fitting apart to install it on the 1st stage. Oceanic has great technical instructions, but APEKS doesn't...thats why I am asking. Also, what is the torque spec on the APEKS DIN fitting? Thanks in advance...

I forget the torque fitting... but snug would describe it - brass strips very easy.

The DIN fitting consists of 5 parts - the DIN fitting itself, collar, filter, and two o-rings. Installation is simply a matter of removing the yoke fitting (the hardest part), and then assembling the DIN component, threading the DIN fitting into the regulator, and tightening. I simply use the correct allen key (hex key) to tighten - a torque wrench is on my wishlist. DIN fittings can have a tendancy to loosen over time, especially if the regulator body is accidently turned when removing the reg from the tank, so it's worth keeping the allen key in your save-a-dive kit and checking that the fitting is secure every now and again. A teeny bit of O2 compatable lube can be used on the filter o-ring, but as this is a static o-ring, no lube will still work.

Just to repeat - BRASS STRIPS VERY EASY! Snug tightening, not tighten-the-hell-out-of-it.

make sure you use a metric hex key.

aholsber:
make sure you use a metric hex key.

6mm. And while i agree not to overtighten, a morecommon mistake is under tightening. So yes you want it very snug. Nothing scarier than finding a loose fitting after a dive. I have never had mine come loose.

One piece of advice would be to test it to make sure that it holds pressure as the o-ring between the fitting and the 1st stage tends to drift out of place and get pinched.

d33ps1x:
Scubaroo:
I simply use the correct allen key (hex key) to tighten - a torque wrench is on my wishlist.
Torque wrench??? Panzy! ;-) Spend your money on a wrist calibration course! :crafty:

LOL. I would agree. Another benefit of doing it more often I guess.

i have a din adapter for my apeks black pearl - does anyone know where i can buy just the filter part - thanks

also i want to buy extra o-rings but do not know the sizes to order - new diver here. thanks

phillydiver:
i have a din adapter for my apeks black pearl - does anyone know where i can buy just the filter part - thanks
I think the newer Apeks regs now come with the conical filter inside the yoke fitting - you may already have it insude your reg. Older yoke regs used to have a white disc filter but I think they were discontinued as being not safe for nitrox or something.

Scubaroo:
I think the newer Apeks regs now come with the conical filter inside the yoke fitting - you may already have it insude your reg. Older yoke regs used to have a white disc filter but I think they were discontinued as being not safe for nitrox or something.
Negative, the yoke style apeks regs have a non-oxygen compatable white plasticy filter although they will accomodate both, while the DIN regs have a conical one and only that one. As for nitrox, Apeks also makes a disc filter that is O2 compatable. As for finding one, LDS should have one kicking around. Otherwise just get one net time he orders should cost about $.02......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom