Converting ATX200 to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d33ps1x:
Torque wrench??? Panzy! ;-) Spend your money on a wrist calibration course! :crafty:
i have had my wrist bones reduced in size to snap in the event of over tightening

rescuediver009:
Negative, the yoke style apeks regs have a non-oxygen compatable white plasticy filter although they will accomodate both, while the DIN regs have a conical one and only that one. As for nitrox, Apeks also makes a disc filter that is O2 compatable. As for finding one, LDS should have one kicking around. Otherwise just get one net time he orders should cost about $.02......
Are you sure?
NOTE: Up until September 2002, Apeks used a white disc filter, known as the Porvair filter (p/n AP1406), in its first stages that utilized a yoke connector. While Por-vair was an excellent filter for air, it was determined that it was not the best material for use with enriched air nitrox (EAN). Since Apeks preferred all of its models to be EAN40 compatible new, out of the box, the Porvair filter was discontinued. Apeks’ standard conical filter, p/n AP1472, (as used with the DIN connection) was sub-stituted. Please note that where the Porvair filter was loaded into the front of the yoke connector, the conical filter gets loaded from the back of the connector. See “Reassembly Procedures” for details. To enhance the cosmetics of a regulator inlet that had a conical filter, a new filter guard (AP1406/1) was designed to install into the front of the connector. Do not mistake the filter guard as a filter. It is to be used only in conjunction with the conical filter.
Straight from the ATX200 service manual, page 6: http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/manuals/Scuba/apeks/PDF/apeks_atx_200_1st_stage.pdf. There's also a picture of the disassembled yoke fitting with the conical filter.

I realise that you're a service technician, but...

I have a newer ATX200 that i purchased a few months ago and just recently converted to DIN. My yoke set up is exactly as the one shown on page 15 of the link that scubaroo provided. It has a white plastic filter guard on the inside with a conical filter below it.

Bob3:
I wish.
You've not been keeping up on the dollar's "down the crapper" exchange rate; some folks in the EU are using US currency for toilet paper. :wtf:

rescuediver009 is from Canada. Our dollar is "clinging to the bowl" !!

Scubaroo:
Are you sure?Straight from the ATX200 service manual, page 6: http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/manuals/Scuba/apeks/PDF/apeks_atx_200_1st_stage.pdf. There's also a picture of the disassembled yoke fitting with the conical filter.

I realise that you're a service technician, but...

I stand corrected. I knew (and mentioned) that the conical filter could also be used in the yoke version, as well as the porvair filter not being EAN compatable, but neverknew about the switch. Thanks. I guess the newer ones have not made it to canada yet.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom