Converting an Abyss to a 7' hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We do have the 7' hose in stock. This can be ordered by any Mares authorized dealer. below is the correct part #.

REGULATOR HOSE, SPECIAL LENGTH, 1/2

Safe Diving,

There is an adaptor for the Mares Abyss. I have bought two of them from Divers Supply in Macon, Ga. I don't know what you call them but they work just fine.

While there are adaptors, if you don't already have a hose, it makes more sense to me to get the hose that already fits. 1 less part in the equation. Just my opinion.

Happy 7' hose diving to you all! :)

Yes, we stock the mares larger diameter hoses as well... Just make sure whoever you get it for realizes it is for the mares... and not just a 1/2" 7'.

There is an adaptor for the Mares Abyss. I have bought two of them from Divers Supply in Macon, Ga. I don't know what you call them but they work just fine.

They work fine except they add additional failure points and stop the performance gain of the Mares DFC...not what I would recommend in tech diving.

The other thing a MR22/32 diving tech diver should consider is have an extra Mares 7 ft hose in his/her save a dive kit, becaus ethey are not easy to get always or a Mares 1/2" DFC port plug so you can plug the DFC port and use a "standard" size 7 ft hose on the other ports in a pinch.

I just used the 1/2" adapter on mine. I've used it for years and haven't had an issue. I realize it's an "additional failure point," but it's what was readily available when I converted mine over. It took me no time to change the hose over. I just used a standard 7' hose and the adapter (1/2" to 3/8" I think).

Shane

I just used the 1/2" adapter on mine. I've used it for years and haven't had an issue. I realize it's an "additional failure point," but it's what was readily available when I converted mine over. It took me no time to change the hose over. I just used a standard 7' hose and the adapter (1/2" to 3/8" I think).

Shane

Thus my comment "They work fine except they add additional failure points and stop the performance gain of the Mares DFC...not what I would recommend in tech diving."

Why not get a Mares 1/2" DFC port plug for less than $5 and have no additional failure points?

What reg are you using for your backup??? I have an abyss and I am also wanting to use a 7ft hose.

I use an Atomic M1 as the back-up. I originally used it and a B2 for my rig, but went back to Abyss because I liked the feel of it better. Also, another great product from Scuba Toys got the hose with no problems!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom