Converting 2x12L to Decanting Bank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm thinking of repurposing my 12L doubles to a decanting bank... either having 24L of air (dil and drysuit tank), or removing the manifold and have 12L of air and 12L of O2. Has anyone done this before? Any reason why it wouldn't work?

Lotsa folks have done it. I keep a set of doubled 18L/130cf tanks full of trimix, another set with air, & an 11L/al80 with O2. Super handy to have.

This is pretty normal when moving from OC-diving to CCR-diving.
I did this with my D18-set, one for DIL and one for O2. You just need plugs to replace the manifold. Like this: DGX Modular Valve Port Plug, Plain (Normal Threads)

A small tip, change the left valve(Uncommon side) with another tank, and you have a better valve for sidemounting bailouts(Right side).

Or when you have an inverted stage bottle mounted to your back(Rightside)

212 ZZ67388381829_n (4).jpg

I know, but even worse when your Dil-bank always has at least 100 bars of trimix in it.. So I've never gotten around to drain the 18L all the way down to swap the valve with my 50%..

Is there a reasonably easy way to calculate approximate top-up amount from decanting, if I know the bank's pressure and volume?

Have three 12 litre twinsets as banks: oxygen, air and a very rich trimix 10/75. From that I can do more or less any fill for the CCR down to 70ish metres (240ft)

Have three 12 litre twinsets as banks: oxygen, air and a very rich trimix 10/75. From that I can do more or less any fill for the CCR down to 70ish metres (240ft)

How many time can you fill a 3L tank with one bank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom