Contract signed Brown Stone Quarry Portland CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbg40:
Great............I'll bring bail $

For who....me??? I'm just a fun loving, beer loving happy go lucky irishman with a penchant for loose women and fist-fights...

roakey:
Reminds me of that famous "New Yorker" cover where Manhattan is displayed in great detail and California is a just a tiny line on the horizon...

What's a "California"?

berty:
What's a "California"?
A state on the western coast where folks from the itty-bitty NE states fly into San Francisco, rent a car and tell you "We're going to go for a quick drive to Los Angeles to see some friends this afternoon -- we'll be back for dinner." :)

Roak

berty:
What's a "California"?

It's technically described as a piece of land that should have slipped off the face of the earth centuries ago. Nature has been trying to burn and shake it off the map to achieve this for a VERY long time. Nevade would have some really nice coastline...

dbg40:
Great............I'll bring bail $
Dave you know we will end up cugging the bail. I will bring three tooth brushes. I am sure we will meet some nice folks in the pokey.

Just checking out the pictures of your quarry clean up project.

Question: Why did you remove the car?

We spent a great deal of time and effort down at Lake Rawlings, VA several years ago getting more cars and stuff to see INTO the quarry.

What else is left down there?

Frank Hayes:
Jim were are photos of the 70 foot eel..

Pictures of a 70ft EEL take 497 and 2/3 hours to download on Dial-up... Guess you will never see.....

JimJam:
It's technically described as a piece of land that should have slipped off the face of the earth centuries ago. Nature has been trying to burn and shake it off the map to achieve this for a VERY long time. Nevade would have some really nice coastline...

When is that going to happen?? I want to dive it!!

The 'Dream Vacation" - Las Vegas with Diving...

I was just thinking how much I missed the Brownstone Quarry (Located in Portland CT - Area code 860) and all of the nights on the SB reminising about Frank and the Giant Carp, Army Bob, Vertigo, Lost Motorcycles and Trains, Captain Morgans, and Lord1234..

AHH....memories....

Its good to have it all back...

WetDawg:
Just checking out the pictures of your quarry clean up project.

Question: Why did you remove the car?

We spent a great deal of time and effort down at Lake Rawlings, VA several years ago getting more cars and stuff to see INTO the quarry.

What else is left down there?

As of now, there are still any wonderfull "Attrractions" in the bottom of the Quarry. A handfull of Cars, many housold appliances, Bikes, motorcycles, and Various fishing lures with GIANT fish on the end,lost by Frank .

Frank can speak more to this, but the cars were taken out of the quarry, because of the hazzards and pollution.. Most are still filled with Gas and Oil.. I think the plan is to replace with more Dive / Environment friendly attractions...

Frank, When does the 747 sink??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom