Continuing Ed. or just paying to dive..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
HA!
Not me!
I do it for the big bucks!
Why, last year alone I made....
lemme see, here,
looking through the taxes...
flip, flip, flip... here we go, schedule C, scuba diving instructor...
Wait a minute!
That's a (negative) number!
How can that be??? I had over a hundred students, many of them con-ed, and overcharged every one!
With greed and avarice in my heart!
Must be my math.
Rick :D

I think your math is probably sound.

Nemrod:
MikeF says:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh right. Next you're going to say they should be using pony bottles too."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, I am not going to argue my opinion with you, you have your and that is mine. Apparently Thalasmania has a similar approach in mind. The BSAC has high standards, I am sorry that most US diver training programs are sorely lacking but actually, what I described pretty much describes my NAUI instruction in 1966 with some improvements. Again, that is my opinion, you have yours --we just don't agree on anything --maybe they should use doubles with isolating manifolds like you do? As to the pony, if you don't like them don't use them--who appointed you the pony expert for every pony thread? Others have valid opinions which as I freely admit mine are---you give yours as fact. Fortunately, they are not fact and I have been around enough to know that. N

Ummm, how do I put this? That was a joke to raz you about the pony. I didn't mean to upset you.

No one thinks less of current training than I do.

Nemrod:
The BSAC has high standards, I am sorry that most US diver training programs are sorely lacking but actually,

If by BSAC you mean the british agency im sorry that isnt true. Their main issue is a lack of standards meaning so much is open to interpretation you get everything from very good to very bad depending on club/instructor and so on.

Did anyone learn anything from this thread?

It's like the crack cocaine of threads, I hate it, but I can't stop reading.

Anyway, have a nice evening, all.:11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom