Contacting the bottom.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great to see something is done. Hopefully this will encourage others to also report such activities.

Good! You'd think if any one group would be self-policing, it would be the Charters. Don't *crap* where you eat your lunch.

Good article. There have been many discussions about destroying coral. I figure these shouldn't be even necessary. Even back 40-50 years ago when there were so fewer divers, why would anyone even think about stepping on coral---and for what purpose? Most will say it's not intentional, just awful buoyancy, and that is probably the case most often. I admit to touching the bottom while shell collecting, poke spearing flounders, etc. And do often pull myself along seaweed-covered rocks. But this isn't the tropics and there is no coral. Seaweed and rocks will recover and don't grow like an inch every 10 years.

they have the photos as evidence.....

"The punishment for endangering marine life in Thailand is a maximum of one year in prison, a 100,000 baht fine, or both."

“The tourists had purchased the diving trip through a third party, so we could not find out their details. We believe they may already have gone back to their country,” said Suchat.

So a dive op has a third part book this trip and they do not have any details of the divers? Yeah I don't believe this at all. There are waivers to sign and the shop would have to have names so the divers could check in upon arrival.

Curious as to who took the photos uw? Other divers in the group?

Bookem-300x197.jpg

The world needs fewer divers, I am sure this happens every day somewhere. This group just happened to be caught. (On film anyways)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom