Console without a depth gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to buy a console with pressure gauge and a compase but not the depth gauge.

i have a computer with depth but where i live its not really that deep.

so i can buy a console with tank pressure and compase gauges only?

Questions 2: I went to Oceanic dealer and he showed me one of the consoles they have. good ting about that console is while under water you can turn it easily back and forth, it doesn't jam like others consoles.

what do you call this feature, is it available with other brands?

My gf is looking for the same... We found the Suunto CB-two so far... (Not to be confused with the CB-two-in-line).

For myself I'm leaning towards arm/wrist mount and only SPG.

Another option would be a 'lose' compass in a retractor.

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk

The SPG may be an independent gauge, or it may merge in to a console with or more additional instruments you use while diving. It may even be integrated in to your dive computer. Independent SPGs are analog .

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather get a single SPG and get a arm/clip on compass,but if you are dead-set on a combo the suunto CB consoles offer some customizeability with config

I am also a new diver and would like an analog spg with compass. The TUSA is what's available but I never hear anybody rave about a Tusa compass. Everybody loves the SK-7. Can anybody say anything about the Tusa compass? Can I expect it to be accurate and reliable?

I believe that same compass is used by several different manufacturers in their consoles. It is reliable and accurate, but not in the same league as the SK-7 as far as ease-of-use.

Unless you have your heart set on a console-mounted compass, I'd recommend you consider a wrist mounted SK-7; I found it much easier to navigate with than my old console compass (which is similar to the TUSA you are looking at).

Best wishes.

Or take The aformentioned Suunto CB console which has the sk-7....?

Verzonden vanaf mijn Galaxy Nexus met behulp van Tapatalk

I believe that same compass is used by several different manufacturers in their consoles. It is reliable and accurate, but not in the same league as the SK-7 as far as ease-of-use.

Unless you have your heart set on a console-mounted compass, I'd recommend you consider a wrist mounted SK-7; I found it much easier to navigate with than my old console compass (which is similar to the TUSA you are looking at).

Best wishes.

Yep, SK-7's stand alone as the best simply because they will still give accurate reading tilted one way or the other..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom