Console without a depth gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that same compass is used by several different manufacturers in their consoles. It is reliable and accurate, but not in the same league as the SK-7 as far as ease-of-use.

Unless you have your heart set on a console-mounted compass, I'd recommend you consider a wrist mounted SK-7; I found it much easier to navigate with than my old console compass (which is similar to the TUSA you are looking at).

Best wishes.

Thank you everybody. My LDS said it was not a good idea to wear a compass and computer on the same wrist. Magnetic fields not being good for the computer and electromagnetic not being good for the compass. All sounded reasonable. Was that sound advice? :confused: Anyway I found a used Suunto spg compass on ebay for $53.00. If it checks out, I'll swap it out with the TUSA 270 which is not wet yet. :)
Bottom line, no one had any positive comments on the Tusa compass other than it probably pointed north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom