Considering video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I use a DC1400 with a strobe. I'm considering adding a video light. Suggestions/ advice welcome.

The aqua light e led pro by uk is very versatile here is a link to all the features I use mine as wrist mount dive light. I purchased mine before they made the wrist strap I just used a wet glove strap and made a plate out of stainless and a piece of neoprene for cushioning but they are so versatile and the rechargeable batteries are a great feature as well just remember to lube the o rings periodically

---------- Post added January 10th, 2016 at 10:58 PM ----------

Oh here's the link Underwater Kinetics

I've been using a Sola 1200 for several years as a video/focus light. First on my Canon A530IS to supplement the on-board flash, and most recently with my Canon G16 outfit to supplement the DS51 strobe. It's a great light for video with it's 3 levels and long burn time, plus on low level it's a great focus lamp for stills.

If you're looking for a small video light the FIXneo lights work very well. They're low end light, the 1000DX SW offers the option of a 100 degree wide beam or a 30 degree spot beam, and the output is adjustable in 25% increments. Burn time is impressive for such a small light. I've used one the last year or so mounted on a tray with my GoPro for cave video and it does an impressive job for a small video light.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom