Considering Sidemount...looking for folks in Puget Sound and info :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see, I read about the three common ways...what you say makes sense.

Which bungee setup to do you run and why?

I see, I read about the three common ways...what you say makes sense.

Which bungee setup to do you run and why?
Are you listening to advice now or just doing your own thing by trial and error like with the L/R hoses?

Are you listening to advice now or just doing your own thing by trial and error like with the L/R hoses?

Yo, when did I say I would not take advice?? I never said I would not take advice...which is why I asked questions about the setup I was thinking about....to get advice :)

IMHO, those that say there is only one way of doing things...will not be pioneers and stifle growth and innovation in our sport. Had we not done this, asked questions...we would all be free diving :)

Yo, when did I say I would not take advice?? I never said I would not take advice...which is why I asked questions about the setup I was thinking about....to get advice :)

IMHO, those that say there is only one way of doing things...will not be pioneers and stifle growth and innovation in our sport. Had we not done this, asked questions...we would all be free diving :)

Sidemount diving is one of the least structured dive styles. There are so many variables and configurations. Have there been styles that have become more the "norm" than others, sure. That does not mean that it is the ONLY way to dive sidemount. There are two primary styles and that has been decided more than anything by temperature, warm or cold diving. Cold, steels and drysuit. Warm, aluminum and wetsuit. Does that mean there is no one out there diving warm water in a drysuit and steels or diving cold water in a wetsuit and aluminums, nope.

Then you get to regs and their configurations. Long hose, short hose, regs up, regs down, gauges lollipopped or down the side of the tank or AI transmitters. etc..etc..

So needless to say, when you give certain parameters that you plan to dive in, that is the reason you get the answers you do. Does that mean you can't try something else, no.

Double long hoses for me. I rig the left one as normal with a bungee necklace. I find using a long hose allows infinite length adjustment, and any hoses coming off the top of the reg into my armpit limit mobility too much.

As for travel, I haven't found a valve yet that didn't have enough of a nub to wrap with my loop bungee. I just wrap the nub on one side and the valve on the other. For serious tech stuff I will look for left/right valves though.

EDIT: I had my right/left switched.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom