Considering Purchase -Opinions Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveLabby

Registered
Reaction score
I am one of those dreaded 'vacation divers'. I am very new, have only completed my certification dives. Am going on a cruise soon and have scheduled dives in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica and I am considering buying my gear. The gear would mainly be used for warm weather vacations or occasional warm quarry dives as I live in Central Ohio. Here is the package I am considering and I am looking for all opinions on this set-up.

Zeagle Scout BC, Zeagle Envoy Deluxe Reg, Zeagle Envoy Octopus and a Cressi Sub Mini 2 Gauge Console. Total for the package is $670.

Looks like a good package to me, but I'm biased since I dive a Zeagle BC with Zeagle Envoy regs (primary and octo). Zeagle is an excellent company with outstanding customer service, and you simply can't go wrong with the quality of gear IMO.

Are you pricing the package through ScubaToys? If not, it might be worth your time to give them a shout to check pricing, plus you get 10% off since you're a SBer.

Scout is a good BC, used it for OW and AOW classes. I have an Envoy as my octo and you'll be happy with it. The Deluxe will be a good primary with it being adjustable which I like. I use the DS-V as a primary and at OW depths it isn't noticeably different. Haven't tried my Envoy below 100 wish I had though just to see if there was a noticeable difference. For the most part gauges are gauges. You went name brand so you should be good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom