Considering a Shore dive in Daytona Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought it was all about blowing bubbles and getting wet.

Ditto that, I find a place to dive everywhere I go.

Here in Galveston TX no one dives from shore. The vis is zreo. Like night diving. Get out 7 miles to the blue via boat. That cost $250.00 so most dive rock pits with the same zero vis. I like the challenge of the Gulf from the shore. Getting wet and blowing bubbles.

New Smyrna Beach is real close to Daytona. Sea Dog Divers has a good boat and trips.

That might be a wise choice, I've not heard of any beach diving between Daytona and Cocco. I live in DB area and seriously considering a Venice Beach trip (2.5 hrs drive) tomorrow (9/15). if you are interested, pm me via this site.

Hey, Thanks for the invite. I hope you had a good time in Venice. I wasn't able to respond to your message because I went on a cruise to the the Bahamas and just got back today. My mom lives in Venice and my Brother is in Sartasota. Back in may, my brother and I did a shore dive south of Sharky's. We looked for sharks teeth and found several small ones. It was a fun dive.

Let us know how your dive went.

As far as a shore dive in Daytona, I might go ahead and do it anyway. Might not be much to see but it won't cost me anything but a tank fill. Then I can say, "been there...done that."

Hey, Thanks for the invite. I hope you had a good time in Venice. I wasn't able to respond to your message because I went on a cruise to the the Bahamas and just got back today. My mom lives in Venice and my Brother is in Sartasota. Back in may, my brother and I did a shore dive south of Sharky's. We looked for sharks teeth and found several small ones. It was a fun dive.

Let us know how your dive went.

As far as a shore dive in Daytona, I might go ahead and do it anyway. Might not be much to see but it won't cost me anything but a tank fill. Then I can say, "been there...done that."
If you choose to do the dive, let me know, I'll be happy to meet up with you and dive it too. A bad day diving is better than a great day at work....

My wife and I are headed down to Ormond Beach in March, and we were considering doing a shore dive. I'm curious how it turned out, or if it was sand, sand, more sand, and low viz.

If you are thinking that way, then I strongly suggest you dive Alexander Springs, that will cost you an air fill + $5.50. :coffee: It won't be salty but it will provide you with a shore dive and lots of fresh water wild life. right now springs are warmer than the gulf or ocean....:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom