Conshelf XIV 1st stage retaining ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman @herman made this for me several years ago.....Seems like an eternity now! Made to streamline production time of assembly. I will put the link to the inexpensive tool in the website store so folks can find it. Thank you

Attachments

• Press.jpg
    Press.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 40
You have it in stock?
The Scuba Clinic Tools version looks like it's aluminum, and I'd be very concerned about shavings in the reg compared to yours.

My preference is also Herman's tool, but I don't believe he has made any in a while. Maybe he will...
I have at least a couple from him, including one specifically made for travel with a compact push tool.

You have it in stock?
The Scuba Clinic Tools version looks like it's aluminum, and I'd be very concerned about shavings in the reg compared to yours.
I'll let @herman correct me here, I'm as imperfect as ever. The press came from Midway and was used for re-sizing cartridge brass. He made the delrin/nylon arbor for it, and a spare one. (have not needed it yet) and the steel busing ring that sets on the 1st stage. Saying it's been used over a thousand times would be a safe range I'm sure. With that said, I had/have one that was made for me in the early 2000s by Captain Tom out of aluminum which served me fine for a very long time. I agree that it is entirely possible that shaving the aluminum off with the SS retaining ring possible I just don't remember seeing evidence of it. The steel ring seems to slide on by the aluminum.

You have it in stock?

I had Herman's tool until I sold my conshelf stash a few years back. I have the SCT one, aluminium aside, and can tell you it's not as easy to use, it's on the small side and is awkward to apply downward pressure. Herman's is the better tool for sure if you can get it.

Back
Top Bottom