Conshelf XIV 1st stage retaining ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Filter Bushing Tool for Aqualung and Mares First Stage​

SKU: SCT-1730

• $15.00 USD

i am going to service my conshelf XIV . i have seen the video on you tube and "herman" with specialized tools appears to no longer be available. On the video is a tool that allows compression of springs, filter and the ring for easy insertion onto the part of regulator that attaches to cylinder. Does anyone know where i can get one of these devices?
Good people, cheap shipping:

But buy from Herman if you've the choice, a lovely man.

Filter Bushing Tool for Aqualung and Mares First Stage​

SKU: SCT-1730

• $15.00 USD

Just realised I linked same item, comprehension fail, an all to common occurrence of late. Sorry about that.

Does anyone have an idea for a cap to protect the threads and lip of a Conshelf 1st stage when the yoke has been removed for travel? I usually just put a piece of tape across the filter opening, but it would be nice to have a plastic or metal cap for a little more protection.

Does anyone have an idea for a cap to protect the threads and lip of a Conshelf 1st stage when the yoke has been removed for travel? I usually just put a piece of tape across the filter opening, but it would be nice to have a plastic or metal cap for a little more protection.
Not off hand, but I'll try to get one made this week.....

I have used something similar to this, but I have not tried this particular ones.

The Amazon link is not working, but here is the description.

Prescott Plastics 3/4” (19.05 mm) Round Rubber Hole Plugs, Vinyl End Cap, Black Rubber Caps for Metal Tubing, Fences, Glide Protection for Chair Legs

I like this ones better. I also like the bright color.

Here is the description:

Aopin Rubber Round End Cap Cover 3/4 Inch (19mm) Screw Thread Protectors PVC Flexible Tubing Pipe Protective Bolt Screw Thread Protector Safety Cover

51d+fef1s-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks, Luis!
Just what I'm looking for.
I admit I went sneaking around the house looking for something with 3/4" legs, but no luck.

superglue works well on rubber, I made a custom o-ring for an underwater housing using superglue and oring material.. with some sheet neoprene, you could make one,

The last note with pipe ends of vinyl with perfect fit anyway seems a lot better alternative than trying to make your own. .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom