Conshelf XIV 1st stage retaining ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hunter69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get yoke retaining rings for a Conshelf XIV 1st stage. I’ve seen plenty of sites selling the filter retaining rings but I haven’t found any of the larger yoke retaining rings. I’ve got a picture of the ring connected to the first stage.
EA5307E8-7495-4E68-847C-75713F6782B3.jpeg
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It's a standard seeger ring, but made of stainless steel. In any industrial hardware store you should be able to get one of normal steel, but you could ask where you could buy the same but done in stainless steel.

That is Aqualung Part #861068. I have four of them in stock if interested, they are $.50 each plus shipping. Send me a email at tanktest@gmail.com if interested. I also have a lot more parts if you looking for anything.

Many people do not use them. This allows quick removal of the yoke to install the screw on DIN kit or to remove the yoke to make the regulator more compact. Just screw the yoke on such that it is even to or slightly below the retaining ring groove, it is not going anywhere.

James

i am going to service my conshelf XIV . i have seen the video on you tube and "herman" with specialized tools appears to no longer be available. On the video is a tool that allows compression of springs, filter and the ring for easy insertion onto the part of regulator that attaches to cylinder. Does anyone know where i can get one of these devices?

i am going to service my conshelf XIV . i have seen the video on you tube and "herman" with specialized tools appears to no longer be available. On the video is a tool that allows compression of springs, filter and the ring for easy insertion onto the part of regulator that attaches to cylinder. Does anyone know where i can get one of these devices?
I could try making a plastic one on the 3d printer, but I'd be worried about the snap ring scraping plastic shavings into it. I service my own Conshelfs, and those if friends, and do ok just being careful with a dowel to compress the HP assembly.

i thought about using a metal pipe of correct size and epoxy putty to make the plastic part, how do you use a dowel? if not too difficult I may try thatt. I have most of reg broken down but not removed the snap ring until i was ready to proceed. thanks for feedback.

The tool to insert the set of pieces is a plus, but you can still insert the parts without it. It takes some more work, but it's posible.
As James79 said I've also printed with my 3D printer the tool (my own design) but there is always the posibility that some plastic shavings go inside the first stage.

with proper size metal pipe piece , fresh epoxy putty to center the pipe, a plastic bag to keep putty away from any of the end of regulator and a little time to harden, I thought this could work and not worry about plastic scrapings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom