Conshelf 21 & SE2 first stage internal differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossil_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I understand that the main difference between the Conshelf series first stages is the number and size of ports.
I recently aquired a SE2.
When I opened the first stage everything looked the same as in a 21 I am also working on except the pin. In the 21 it has the pin that has a nail head on one end. The SE2 has just a straight pin with no head on it and it looks longer than the 21 pin. The balance chamber and everything else looks the same in both regs.
Is this correct or has the pin been swapped out in the SE2 at one time?

The SE2 and 21 use the same service kit: Store - Vintage Double Hose
Look at the picture of the service parts and see if that helps.

The SE2 is my main reg and I have a NOS 21 but have never opened it.

The service kit is the same but the pin is not included. I'm wondering if this is the correct pin. The hp seat and balance chamber are the same. It's just odd they use different pins.

Here's a schematic and parts list for the two regs. The pins have different numbers, see p/n 17 & 18.

Having problems uploading the file. Let me know if you can view it.

Attachments

• reg.pdf
    211.9 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
You should also notice that the pin holder (pin support) is different. The straight pin without the head uses a pin holder where the straight pin fits right in.

The pin and pin support have to match.

One (or more) of those newer Conshelf also has a replaceable volcano orifice. The same replaceable volcano orifice that is used in the Titan’s. If yours has one, you should remove it (by pushing from behind) and at least clean the O-ring, or replace it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the schematics. Now I know. That is the only difference I see in these regs.

Conshelf 1st stages with 1/2" ports have a longer body than the ones with all 3/8" ports as a result the pins are a different length.
(brief check-in from Papagayo C.R.)

That makes perfect sense. I never checked to see if the body was longer due to the larger port. Thanks

Conshelf 1st stages with 1/2" ports have a longer body than the ones with all 3/8" ports as a result the pins are a different length.
I have one of each Conshelf, and body length is 31mm for both, SE2 and SE. Maybe we are talking about different models?

Back
Top Bottom