Conshelf 14 exhaust valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have some new conshelf 14s and noticed they use a yellow exhaust valve, which feels notably stiffer than the ones sold by VDH and the DiveRite ones(which can also be used). I'm assuming using a softer more supple exhaust valve would be an improvement? In exhalation effort, how much of an improvement I'm not sure, perhaps not even noticeable. If there would be an increase in performance regardless of amount then I'll swap them all out, if not I'll not bother.

Thank you.

Here's one data point.

I tried a yellow one. Tested it, deep enough to matter, I wasn't aware of a difference when switching to a regular (circa 1980 vintage) one. Perhaps logic will be our guide on this one and we could assume it adds resistance. I'm just not sensitive enough to tell, it's one of my 3 regular use regs and I don't know without looking

... co2 retention and exhalation restriction is hard to gauge. I've felt it between various regs and smaller port versions of the same reg. But not different flapper material.

Cheers,
Cameron

@Nemrod :your thoughts James? I seem to recall you talking about this very subject but cannot find the thread. Cheers and Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom