Conservation Programs & Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lcaller

Reaction score
shortly I think it'll be time to put my skills to some other use rather than just training open water students and dive masters ( not that there is anything wrong with that of course ). You know it's that make a difference to the planet time.

Does anyone know of any conservation projects around the globe that need divers or need volunteers with dive skill ?

thanks in advance

lcaller:
shortly I think it'll be time to put my skills to some other use rather than just training open water students and dive masters ( not that there is anything wrong with that of course ). You know it's that make a difference to the planet time.

Does anyone know of any conservation projects around the globe that need divers or need volunteers with dive skill ?

thanks in advance

Try Reef Check. They are the largest coral reef monitoring program in the world and they specifically utilize local divers. They have teams in Thailand and 60 other countries worldwide.

Check out their website at www.reefcheck.org or email them at rcinfo@ucla.edu.

Off hand, I know Earthwatch http://www.earthwatch.org/ has ongoing projects that use trained divers.

We are always looking for volunteers to help with our Posidonia research in the Med.

Gaynor:
We are always looking for volunteers to help with our Posidonia research in the Med.

I'm involved in a P. australis revegetation projet through my uni. It could be worthwhile seeing what volunteer projects are done through your local universities. Even if you aren't a student the may be willing to take you on board :)

Gaynor:

Wondering if you work with Dr. Thomas Belsher of IFREMER on Posidonia?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom