Connecting SS1 to DiveRite Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyMelton

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just upgraded my BC to a Dive Rite Wing. One small problem, attaching the SS1 to the inflator hose. The Dive Rite hose is a much larger opening that any of the adapters that come with the SS1. Looking for some advice on what people have done to fill the gap and use an SS1 on a Dive Rite Wing.

Which hose do you mean? The corrugated hose, or the low-pressure inflator hose?

Sent from my tf700t using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 10th, 2014 at 08:58 PM ----------

Which hose do you mean? The corrugated hose, or the low-pressure inflator hose? If you mean the corrugated hose, are you trying to attach one that came with the SS1 to the shoulder fitting on the wing? Or are you trying to attach the corrugated DR hose to the SS1 itself?

A, you shouldn't need an SS1 but that's neither here nor there. You should have a 1" adapter in the box and that should fit the diverite hose, they are all 1" diameter for the standard BP/W corrugated hoses. That being said, if the corrugated hose was cut instead of removed, it will obviously be much larger and then has to be replaced. Replacement hoses here

https://www.divegearexpress.com/bcs/bcdparts.shtml#419

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/atomic-aquatics/460493-ss1-bcd-corregated-hose-adapter.html
According to that thread, it should be like $8 if you don't have the 1" adapter

Thank you guys for helping out with FuzzyMelton's question. That was going to be our question here...What size is the corrugated hose on the Dive Rite because I had not heard of many being larger the 1". Please let us know if there are any further questions regarding this one!

Thanks for the replies, and sure i don't need an SS1 but I prefer to not have an octo and like the safety regulator on my inflator and not an extra piece of gear.

Now, I tried the adapters I could find in my box when I originally bought the SS1 but all were too small. I did not cut the corrugated hose, but removed the clamp and took of the supplied power inflator. The hose is easily a 1" or larger diameter hose. I found a fix for now but would rather have the correct adapter to connect the SS1 to the corrugated hose.

tursiops- i am connecting the SS1 to the corrugated hose. The dive rite gear is much sturdier than the regular hose provided with my gear so I am trying to use the hose provided.

Thank you...

time to get the calipers out. I've never seen a corrugated hose larger than 1" so it is possible that you either A. don't have the 1" adapter, so time to order, or something is wrong with your corrugated hose, in which case it's time to spend $15 to replace the corrugated.

I have an ss1 on my dr wing, it worked with one of tha adaptors that came with ss1 just fine

I have an ss1 on my dr wing, it worked with one of tha adaptors that came with ss1 just fine

Same here...connected the SS1 to my DR TransPac Voyager with one of the supplied adapters in the SS1 box. May be time to contact the dealer or Atomic directly.

Same here...connected the SS1 to my DR TransPac Voyager with one of the supplied adapters in the SS1 box. May be time to contact the dealer or Atomic directly.

Me three - on multiple Dive Rite wings. The Dive Rite inflator hose has the little screws on the ends with black plastic over the threads. Take the black plastic off, unscrew the little s/s screw, pop out the little pin holding the power inflator to pull dump cable, then find the correct size hose adapter for your SS1 and reassemble. SS1 on DR wings work great - two wonderful gear manufacturers :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom