connecting regulators & bcs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

Im not sure if I want to buy my BC and regulator from the same shop.. like I might buy my reg from online and a BC from an LDS, or each from 2 diff LDS (cuz of brand availability and prices at diff LDS's... im really set on a scubapro MK25/S600)
Anyway, I was wondering if theres something they need to set up ? Or can I always hook up my BC inflation hose to the 1st stage by myself? We never really learned this in my OW crash course I took last weekend..
If i cannot assemble it easily myself, was wondering what a good thing to do is? Which should I buy first, and where should I get it assembled, and do you think there is a fee?

thankzz!

It is easy enough to do yourself but as you are new I would recommend when you buy your regs ask them to fit the hoses and watch what they are doing - get them to explain what and why they are doing.

This should not cost you anything.

Welcome to the fun!

Jonathan

You shouldn't have any problem either way you go, most inflator hoses will fit most BC's. When I bought my regs from my LDS, they automatically put an inflator hose on there for me, I'm not sure about the online guys though, I'm sure someone else here can clarify that.

Mast Regs will fit on most LP inflators as long as you do not have an Air2 on your BC.

Go to your LDS with the prices and kit you want, you will always get a better price if you buy it as a package

Chris

There is a tool u should have for your sav-a-dive kit anyway. It will sufficiently tighten the hoses. You MUST know the difference between a high & low pressure port to correctly hook up any hose. Quiz: is an Octo hooked to a low or high pressure hose? How about the Computer? If u don't know, ask!

All the online stores I know supply the reg with the inflator hose fitted so if you buy the BC separately you may find yourself with two inflator hoses as the BC will generally come with its own.

Hey welshman.. ok.. so its standard to expect an inflator hose with your 1st stage when u order a reg package from online? cool... also.. i was wondering what this "TOOL" i will get is called? a hose tightener? hehehe thankS!

thanks for asking the same question I wanted answered-ans thanks to everyone fot their helpful replies- another forum told me to "kiss my ass goodbye" when I asked the same question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom