Congratulations! New UTD instructor in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don,

You have my complete loyalty as a future student, I am very excited that you reached this goal and are sharing it with all of us. I know that Kathy will be excited for you as well, she too is interested in UTD and hopefully will be one of my classmates :)

MG

Thanks, Mike.

Let's talk about class when we go diving next week. I'm positive that it'll be worth yours and Kathy's time. The IDC improved my ability to mentor and teach 100% (if not more).

Congrats. Now maybe someone in the NJ/PA area will do a crossover? :)
Signed,
Eager in the East

:)

While it's not as good as having a local instructor, there are UTD instructors that travel as well. If there are few students who are interested in a course or courses, then it might be a worthwhile consideration.

CONGRATULATIONS DON!

You mentioned you were thinking of perusing the UTD instructor path!
That was fast !!:D I'm very happy for you! The SF community is fortunate to have you as a learning resource!

I too am very interested in what classes you will be teaching (hopefully the right level)?

As you know, I'm in need of a good DIR instructor. Since you;re already informally my teacher (and fantastic), the search and decision just got much easier :wink:!

See you in class Mike G!

Have a great summer Don! See you in August!

Thanks for kind words.

The decision to become a UTD instructor was relatively quick since an IDC was available in June. However, I can say that the IDC was not quick at all. Long days, long nights, and lots of diving.

Definitely hope to help those in the Bay Area have more fun diving!

:)

While it's not as good as having a local instructor, there are UTD instructors that travel as well. If there are few students who are interested in a course or courses, then it might be a worthwhile consideration.

Yeah. It will probably be about a year before we take Essentials, so hopefully the situation in these parts will have improved by then. There are some great GUE instructors around, but for we folk who just want to be better divers without going down a tech path, Essentials seems to be a much calmer introduction. If there's no one around by next March, I'll probably start looking into having someone travel out here, or we'll just go "suffer" through yet another kelp forest dive trip and get trained out in LA/Monterey :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom