Conger Eel swimming backwards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maybe not the heisman..
but definitely a gue tech pass for effortlessly swimming backwards..

i can do one, maybe two, kicks back.. but then i somehow start moving forward again :(

i've observed the mustache conger, the bearded cusk eel, and all the morays move backwards.. mostly back into their holes.

maybe not the heisman..
but definitely a gue tech pass for effortlessly swimming backwards..

i can do one, maybe two, kicks back.. but then i somehow start moving forward again :(

lol, that is probably the biggest obstacle for most people on a tech pass, it was one of mine.

So, Scotti, were you at 200'? That might explain why no one else has seen it.

So, we were on a night dive last week and midwater I see a barred conger eel swimming towards me. When I flashed my light up at him he reversed field and swam BACKWARDS about 10 feet. I think I should start a campaign to nominate him for the heisman award..... anyone else seen this?

G

Aloha Scotti,

Did it happen to look like this?:) This photo was taken in the sand channel at Molokini at about 65-70 ft.

DSC_1610smlwtmk.jpg

This is an earlier photo of another conger taken at about 35 ft at a site called Pu'u Olai.

DSC05835smlwtmk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom