Confined water dive site near Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElGaucho

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Im looking for a good confined water dive site (shore or some sort of lake) to do CW dives with some volunteers Im teaching for the Seashepherd Society. This is a fully non profit thing and that's why logistics are complicated. I do have all the equipment et all, but can't find a suitable site (and most pools prove to be a pain in the ass). I tried Tiger Lake but the paperwork they require couldn't be ready for this weekend. Unfortunately this is a one off, and I have to fly back next week and can't stay any further to complete the course with more time.

Any place you guys can think of?

This would be near Hollywood, FL.

Thanks in advance.

A lot of people hold classes at Datura avenue in Lauderdale by the Sea. Depths are about 10' or so until you get past the pier. Of course, it's the ocean so conditions change depending on weather.

It's a bit of a hike but Jules undersea lodge in Key Largo would work . Not sure what the visibility would
be but they do have a platform which is helpful for instruction . Also agree that Blue heron bridge is a
closer option .
Good luck
Sea Dwellers

Im looking for a good confined water dive site (shore or some sort of lake)?
This would be near Hollywood, FL.

What's wrong with the beaches @ Hollywood FL ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom