Confess!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish:
I wear a (plain) beanie. I hate hoods too, but I can't imagine wearing a beanie in New England any time of year.

The Dandy Don! Full on 11 gallon Stetson looking thing. White, of course. How cool would THAT BE. A 1mm white neoprene Dandy Don lid???

The HEED (OK - so you'd have to know "So I married an AX murderer")

The Jackalope! Now we're talking... Bunny ears AND prong horns. Just the ticket

The Gene Simmons - Top knot, widows peak with optional velcro-on-your-second-stage-tongue

The Cousteau - a Red watch cap of 1mm neoprene.

The Dork Squad - those high bearskin caps they wear in marching band (OK - I know its called a Shako... Dork Squad graduate here :11ztongue )

The Klink - full on Hogan's Heros spiked helmet

These manufacturers got it all wrong. If they expand the line, the possibilities are endless...

Put down the Cabernet, Ken, and nobody gets hurt.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I want a Conehead version.

I want one with an Elvis 'do and sideburns...

Ask and you shall recieve.

Look at Scapa Scuba

Happy? You may look better inthe Hobbes or the Batman hood. To complement your headpiece you may want one of their spiderman or superman drysuits.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Ask and you shall recieve.

Look at Scapa Scuba

Happy? You may look better inthe Hobbes or the Batman hood. To complement your headpiece you may want one of their spiderman or superman drysuits.

Cheers,
Rohan.

You are my hero.

Its the collar on the Elvis hood that makes it art.

---
Ken

Get a white jumpsuit drysuit and gold-framed mask to go with that and you ARE The King...

Are wigs DIR?

Tassie_Rohan:
Get a white jumpsuit drysuit and gold-framed mask to go with that and you ARE The King...

Are wigs DIR?

I'm thinking more of the black leather Elvis (comeback concert) and not the fat Vegas Elvis - but I'm feeling you.

Wigs are DIR if the chinstrap has no metal on metal contact, and is fashioned with a breakaway feature.

Duh...

:wink:

---
Ken

I want one of them fuzzy russian vodka hat types. That should keep me warm

Beanies are quite functional. When working with a dive class and spending time at the surface, the beanie keeps my old, bald pate from getting sunburned. When dropping down into the spring, it provides my head with enough insulation to keep me from getting cold.
Beanies are a great addition to your dive kit when a little extra warmth is needed, but not to the point that would require a full-on hood.

the K

In all seriousness here. My wife wears a beanie all the time and swears by it. She get's cold quickly and the beanie keeps her warm much longer. You lose most of your body heat through your head.

BrianM:
How about the "Don King Hair-do" cap??

Nice. The current look, all gray vertical. Love it.

I gotta get one together for my Kona trip in December... this is a great one.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom