conditions this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuggler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I called Glenn's Aquarius at BW and was told viz is 15 ft-ish but it's really calm and flat. Anyone dive today? How's it been everywhere else? Thinking of doing Lover's or Coral St.

(yes I know of that guy's page and I check the marine forecast but neither can say if the water is pea soup, thanks)

Earlier in the week the Carmel side reports were coming back in the 70+ range. Saturday looks to be the better of the days for this weekend.

I was at Breakwater Tuesday. 15 foot or less was really clear.. 15-39 ish was really bad especially close to the wall... deeper than 45 seemed to open up a bit.

From what I heard back at Aquarius Carmel (N. Monastery and Lobos) had near 100+ foot vis.

Today did Butterfly House. the visibility ranged from 10'-23' at best.( Went SW) Extremely flat and calm though.
Second dive did Metridium fields. They were really open. Vis was 15' maybe. Also very calm
Nice day to cool off from the heat.

Did a tour at Breakwater today... id say the water was clearest at the Metridium fields... probably 30 feet +/- 5 at times. VERY green in the shallower water though.

Did one dive at Mile Marker 67, vis was 30ish and appeared to be better when the sun poked through (it was foggy all day). Second dive was N Monastery where the vis was 10-15 and for some reason seemed worse as we got deeper. Stayed shallower because of the vis. Temp was 52 at both sites.

Thanks, guys. Ended up doing Butterfly House yesterday. Viz was probably 20 ft-ish. Went to MacAbee later in the afternoon - 15 ft. viz, water was green in shallower water like bbianchi said

Did Point Lobos Sat. / Sun. - Vis was maybe ~10-15 at the worm patch, and Sunday was nasty, probably ~5-10 at best.

Mixed reports, something is not adding up,,,, 100 ft viz and then 10 ft viz.... ???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom