conditions for this coming weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davidbaraff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
COuld someone with more experience give me their interpretation of the swell forecast for this weekend, as concerns shore diving? (e.g. Breakwater, or Lover's Pt or McAbee's for example)?

First it was W and not too big, but now it changed to NW, etc. (make up your mind, silly forecast.) Anyway, i'm committed to this weekend, just wondering what I might expect visibility and surge-wise. Yes, take out the crystal ball and make a prediction!

With a west swell, Monterey Bay can be protected and divable, depends on how big of course. A lot of times when the swell looks bad and we go down and check it out, it's most often times very divable.

Your mileage may vary as it depends on what you and your buddies are comfortable with. As always, work as a team and watch out for each other.

Surge, waves, tides and wind are some of the things you can make an educated guess on from the forecast but as far as vis it's hit or miss most of the times... the problem is when you don't show up for the dive you'll always strike out :(

I'm diving on Sat if that counts for anything...

I drive down and take a look if it's under the storm threshold (the red dotted line). Chuck's wave model at a glance isn't quite there yet, it goes up till Friday, I'll have to check back in a couple days to see if I'm making the drive. Not so scientific, but it's worked for me OK.

i'll be heading to BW on saturday with a group. welcome to join us.

Well be at the Breakwater on Saturday too. Look for the scuba divers and that will be us! Well more specifically if you see folks in doubles with a Fusion Tech Skin drysuit that would be me or my dive buddy. Make sure to say HI!

Well be at the Breakwater on Saturday too. Look for the scuba divers and that will be us! Well more specifically if you see folks in doubles with a Fusion Tech Skin drysuit that would be me or my dive buddy. Make sure to say HI!

That's right, Kathy is the odd one out with your non-fusion suit. You need get her a superhero suit.

That's right, Kathy is the odd one out with your non-fusion suit. You need get her a superhero suit.

Ha! I'll keep my DUI TLS 350. Thank you :D!

Conditions were ok yesterday. A little surge and about 15 ft vis near BW wall.

7 ft vis & a little bit of swell at bw today. Not bad but not great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom