Conditions at the Dam - 4/23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Went out to the Dam on Sunday. What a great dive! Vis had to be about 25 ft. I remember seeing the surface while at 23 ft. At the dam face, vis was just incredible. Temp at the drop off was 55 degrees (75 ft) but it did not get any colder down to 110.

Anyway, we had a lot of fun...

Layne

LVX:
Went out to the Dam on Sunday. What a great dive! Vis had to be about 25 ft. I remember seeing the surface while at 23 ft. At the dam face, vis was just incredible. Temp at the drop off was 55 degrees (75 ft) but it did not get any colder down to 110.

Layne

Hey thanks for the report....was just asking around this AM about the conditions there.

Layne,
Okay, I'm a bit dense, so forgive me.
Which dam? Travis?

Glad you had a good time!

Guba:
Layne,
Okay, I'm a bit dense, so forgive me.
Which dam? Travis?

Glad you had a good time!

I saw Layne signed off for a bit....yes, Mansfield Dam on Lake Travis.

OPPS--Layne was on....sorry.

LVX:

Layne

Sounds like Travis is trying to make it up for last year's conditions.

Thanks for the vis report

Dave

We were there both days and viz was 20 to 25 ft everywhere we went, little cold in places.

The vis at the dam sounded better then what it was at WP today. I had about 15 ft, still not bad for lake Travis. My dive buddy backed out on me, so I went solo for the dive. O well, he really missed out when I met two friendly young performers (yes they were women) from Cirque du Solei passing thru town that wanted to go swimming, one of which forgot to bring her swim suit! The day turned out pretty good after all:D

By the way did anyone loose a dive light this weekend at WP private. PM me.

John

I was out there Sunday mid-afternoon and found that the visibility dropped as low as just a few feet once past 100'. Perhaps I was just in a bad spot, but I could see a lot of sediment suspended in the water as the cause for the reduced visibility. Definitely some great vis at shallower depths though.

Now if I can just manage to get out diving again this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom