Conditions at Lauderdale by the Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that left early, the next get together is April 4th. http://www.scubaboard.com/t50723.html and we will give Mikes apt. a break.
I had a really good time. Even the hermit crab is talking about the dolphins - the highlight of her day (sorry Krista). She did have a good time with ya tho.

Krista no fun? Must be a different Krista...

And you say rude, home-invading nutcases like its a bad thing. I can't wait for the next time. (Yellow Brick Road in two weeks, right?) You guys will have to show the FNG the best places to hang out along the beach at Hollywood.

Mike, lest I forget, thanks again for being such a gracious host. Good company, new friends, good music, sun and a few interesting sights on the beach. (I'm not sure which was stranger - the cross-country skier trudging across the sand, the wedgie monster, or the young diver with his tank attached to his BD BACKWARDS, but they all combined to give the day a unique ambiance. If it wasn't for the single-digit IQs of the boaters there, I'd saw Lauderdale by the Sea was pretty much perfect. (Hmmm, maybe we can foul their props with those nice little brass boxes that we found under the pier...)

And I agree with Krista - Lori needs to get certified ASAP. Tell her to bring Lourdes with her and make a weekend of it.

Oh, and Jenny, please say Hi to Julie for me, and tell her that she's the cutest little hermit crab I've seen in South Florida.

Until later...
-Grier

I wish that conditions had been better, but I bowed to Mike's superior knowledge of the area outside his window. Even Jenny said that it was "OK", but still had to use her light - at mid-morning! If God has meant us to dive in soup like that we would have all been born in Venice, FL. :D

But breakfast was satisfying, and the company and conversation on Mike's balcony was great. And I got the greatest kick at the neighbors trolling for tourists with the dollar bill on fishing line. The even caught Jenny. :54:

Real diving next week - check this forum for details.

Marc

GrierHPharmD:
SNIP... I'm not sure which was stranger - the cross-country skier trudging across the sand, the wedgie monster, or the young diver with his tank attached to his BD BACKWARDS, but they all combined to give the day a unique ambiance. ...SNIP
Hey, have you already forgotten the message in the bottle? And our "people's temple kool aid" toasts? It just kept getting better and better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom