Conch Republic Aug. 26-27 Spiegel & Eagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally got a chance to check out Conch Republic this past weekend.
My friend and I found them to be a top notch dive charter. The Tavernier
Creek Marina is also very diver friendly with shaded picnic tables, showers
in the restrooms and even a small restaurant right on tavernier creek just
a short stroll from the dock area. We did the Spiegel first to find the ever so
present current running between moderate and high. Descended on line in front of the super structure out of current and pretty much just stayed in that area peeking
down the sides and finding the current not worth attempting to get to the cranes or even behind the super structure, oh well sort of a warm up dive, we followed this with
a reef dive which was a nice dive. Sunday morning was my first dive on the Eagle and
it had to be the best wreck dives I've had in some time, its a great wreck ! The vis
was good with very little current, we dove from stern to bow and then a slight drift
back toward the stern with a stop to peek inside the open hull as a result of the wreck having been split in the middle during a hurricane. For a wreck being on its'
side it is a great dive. The ride up to the Spiegel is a bit longer but they are in close
range for the Eagle. I will definitely dive Conch Republic again and can't wait to dive
the Eagle again. Profiles for the weekend...

8-26 91ft 33min 84F
8-26 42ft 68min 85F
8-27 94ft 36min 83F
8-27 36ft 61min 84F

I agree on Conch Republic... best dive op I've used in Florida by far.

good to know! i'll use them next time im in tavernier/key largo.

Gonna let the budget catch up to my spending and head back down in mid
september sometime. I want to get back to the Duane again so maybe a
Duane-reef, Eagle-reef weekend...safe diving all !

Amen on Conch Republic! I've been diving several times in the Keys and I always try to dive with them!! The only reason I'll EVER chose another shop is schedule...if there is a site I want to dive and CRD isn't or can't go there that day...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom