con alert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leesa

this is a very real scam that has been run and its a nasty one as the documents look real and start to process it until it a fake and they nail your account. I do alot of transactions online and see alot of scams on a regular basis and my way is any payments have to clear my account and transferred to another account before anything ships, because im not going to lose a dime even if it means a package taking 3-5 days longer so i dont get the short end of the stick

in any case if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

Tooth

This same scam is going around the pet industry, too. An online breeder friend got scammed the same way. She lost not only the puppy she shipped but had to pay back the full amount to the bank.

I guess it pays to be a pessimist and not trusting.

Dee:
This same scam is going around the pet industry, too. An online breeder friend got scammed the same way. She lost not only the puppy she shipped but had to pay back the full amount to the bank.
This scam was also used on a Maui bed and breakfast. According to Maui News, the local newspaper, someone made some fairly long term reservations, and paid by "certified check". The check arrived just before some long holiday weekend, like Thankgiving. The scam artist then called, canceled reservations due to a family emergency, and asked for the funds to be wired back.

Part of why this scam works is that the laws on making deposits available make funds from certified checks available before they can be returned as bogus.

There have been 3 or 4 on the motor cycle pages doing that cashier check scam as well, buying a bike and having a pal pick it up but he needs a flight hotel money ect send it on and don't worry its a certified check sending the cash of to his? buddy? only to find its a duff check and our guys out 2 grand or more

The forgers are getting good at cashiers checks and US Postal money orders.

My wife works for a bank. She got dinged on a forged money order.

TwoBit

Moderators,

Maybe this thread can be duplicated or moved to the classifieds section????

marpacifica:
Moderators,

Maybe this thread can be duplicated or moved to the classifieds section????

We can MOVE this thread to another section, but duplicating/cross posting is considered spam, so it's a no-no.

I'm sure if the thread originator (Moderator Justleesa) would like it moved there, either she or I would be happy to do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom