computor w/carry-on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwaver

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been asked to turn their computor on by security prior to boarding a plane? I'd like to carry mine aboard with me, but, I'm afraid of ruining it by turning it on and flying. I don't evan know what would happen to it:confused:

It would just register a dive, no worries. However, I just flew back and forth from ATL to Cancun, with two others. None of was asked to turn on any of our computers at all.

If you turn it on at the security desk, even boarding the plane, it is still several minutes, maybe 30 to 40 before the aircraft is actually airborne and the cabin altitude above what ever altitude you started at. The computer should cycle off, but even if it didn't why would a dive be registered?

I am going to say it would be because of the pressure changes. Of course, this is just a guess. I talked to someone who said they had this happen to, so I have no first hand knowledge of that actually happening.

You should not have a problem unless you turn it on inflight. Had to turn mine on in Ft. Lauderdale. Didn't record anything.

I traveled through Miami last month and had no problems with computers or any other gear at the security/X-ray station. They recognized it as scuba gear and did a visual inspection, but did not ask me to turn on the computers. With all the international connections through MIA, experienced inspectors are obviously quite accustomed to dive gear. On the other hand, in Hartford (where I started from), they spent considerable time studying the x-ray image of the gear and were greatly relieved when I explained that it was sucba gear.

Back
Top Bottom