Computers and Decompression ????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would add that the one nice thing about the computer making you do a mid range stop for a bounce to 140',is that it will help reduce the likelihood of a type II hit that can occur from a profile like this.

matt_unique:

The course you take for deco training is almost irrelevant in comparison to your instructor. There are some excellent PADI Tec Wreck (or perhaps it's called Deep Tec) instructors who would provide an excellent course. It's said often on SB but the agency stamp on the card is irrelevant in comparison to the instructors name.

--Matt

I agree with your comments. I'd also add,what does it take for that individual to become instructor.

daniel f aleman:
Point is that the Mares M1 Wrist Computer is used some of the best Tech divers in the world, and the unit uses the NAUI, now standard, "RGBM" tables.
So is that like DIR guys use Mares M1? Who are the best tech guys?

The only time I ever use a computer for diving is for recreational dives to extend bottom times w/ a muti-level dive. And I cross-check w/ tables.

Any time I do a tech dive (i.e. deco), I have never run into a problem using a bottom timer and V-Planner.

Just my preference...

i am not fimilar with that computer.
but as it has been said. most dice computers are not for deco diving, and the info they give is not alway the best.
i would make sure yo get a computer that is for the diving you will be doing insted of getting a computer and trying to make it work..
the questions your asking really should be BEFORE you bought the computer.
in anycase.. regardless or what computer you have or weather your DIR or not.
a backup bottom timer, and having yur dive planed out as a backup is the way to go.
but youll learn all that in your tech class.
in anycase... i think you asked a good question and looks like your on the right path

v planner is teh way to go man
check this dive plain out exp if uwant to do deco
DIVE PLAN
Surface interval = 1 day 0 hr 0 min.
Elevation = 0ft
Conservatism = + 1

Dec to 100ft (2) Nitrox 32 50ft/min descent.
Level 100ft 30:00 (32) Nitrox 32 1.29 ppO2, 81ft ead
Asc to 20ft (34) Nitrox 32 -30ft/min ascent.
Stop at 20ft 0:20 (35) Nitrox 32 0.51 ppO2, 13ft ead
Stop at 10ft 4:00 (39) Nitrox 32 0.42 ppO2, 4ft ead
Surface (39) Nitrox 32 -30ft/min ascent.

Off gassing starts at 57.4ft

OTU's this dive: 48
CNS Total: 17.7%

97.0 cu ft Nitrox 32
97 cu ft TOTAL

DIVE PLAN COMPLETE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom