Computer - Suunto Stinger Or Scubapro X-tender???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnneliC

Registered
Reaction score
Help - i'm about to get a computer - i've decided to go for either the Suunto Stinger or the Scubapro X-Tender.

Anyone can help me to make the right decision?????

A

I have a Stinger which is great. Very simple to use with a little reading thro the manual (and there's a laminated card to remind you of the most useful functions) - handy for me as I first used it on a liveaboard so it was handy to have a little reminder without ging thro the whole manual and getting it wet ;-)

I'd def recommend a Stinger - but haven't tried the X-tender so can't really give you a valid comparison!

The best most reliable computers are the Uwatec brand, I would go with the aladin pro. I have several of there bottom timers and 4 of there computers, I have never had one fail to depths over 300'

Good Luck

The Xtender appears to be Scubapro's answer to the Suunto Mosquito.

0805tests_aug05_06.jpg
1004tests09.jpg
suunto_mosquito.jpg

As you may also be aware, the Mosquito and the Stinger are identical except for a few things. The Mosquito has the user-replaceable battery. The Stinger has the looks, gauge mode and additional features.

My view is that the Suunto Mosquito/Stinger offers more than the Xtender. Although all three computers appear to be perform similarly in terms of cautiousness.

If you're buying based on budget, I'd say go with the Mosquito. But if you've got the extra dough, go with the Stinger.

Here's an existing thread on the Scubapro Xtender

I have the Stinger and it has worked great. Although, I will probably be selling it and going with an AI computer. I got it for Christmas last year and have all the original paperwork and box. If your interested let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom