Computer questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very classy looking!
Judging by this quote on the page, there's more to it in the email as well:
Deep 6:
Ok, if you landed here you are either poking around or followed the email sent to our loyal customers.

Very classy looking!
Judging by this quote on the page, there's more to it in the email as well:
Not much more info. I got the following e-mail. It was apparently sent to existing customers. Note that I'm leaving out a paragraph with a coupon code. Deep6 is apparently watching this thread, so they can post it if they want to. (I also swapped my specific link for the generic link to the site.)
Dear Loyal Customer,

I wanted to give you all a chance to get a new product we shortly will be officially introducing.

It is a recreational Dive computer in a watch version. It has watch, dive, freedive and gauge modes. It is totally geared to the recreational diver.

It is a Bühlmann ZH-L16c algorithm with some GF and comes with 3 user selectable safety factor settings. The GF is not user settable however.

The watch is charged via USB to a special dongle, in watch mode it lasts about a month, in dive mode I used for a week in Roatan doing 3 dives a day and it lasted the 6 days of diving.

It comes with a NATO strap.

Now, full disclosure, it’s supposed to arrive here tomorrow. There is a good chance it gets delayed with customs but we are pretty sure we will have next week and if you are in the continental US you will have to sneak into a stocking.

[coupon code removed]

Even if you don’t jump on this, I want to sincerely thank you for your support and wish you and your families the very best for the holiday season and the coming year.

Yours,
Chris
CDO (Chief Diving Officer)
Deep 6

I'm going to be running mine as a backup for my Teric (running in OC Rec).

Do we know if the D6 SSC locks-out, and if so, under what conditions?

@-JD- You can reset the tissue loading in the menu, it is a feature for dive center / instructor use.

So I’m finally able to get some diving in and have a few dives on the computer. My overall impression is certainly positive. I do have a few questions.

I noticed that in both the no fly time and when I look at the log entry it shows something like 17.7 or for dive 45.7. I assume it is dropping the zero for some reason and that is should be 17.07 and 45.07?

Is the no fly timer 24hrs by default?

Any idea when the app will come out and or has the communication protocol info been sent to subsurface

@LandonL @cerich ?

So I’m finally able to get some diving in and have a few dives on the computer. My overall impression is certainly positive. I do have a few questions.

I noticed that in both the no fly time and when I look at the log entry it shows something like 17.7 or for dive 45.7. I assume it is dropping the zero for some reason and that is should be 17.07 and 45.07?

Is the no fly timer 24hrs by default?

Any idea when the app will come out and or has the communication protocol info been sent to subsurface

@LandonL @cerich ?
the no fly is based on tissue loading

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom