• Suunto

Votes: 114 42.1%
  • Uwatec

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 33 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Orca Edge with a Orca Marathon as my back up. Bought them both brand new and still use them with absolutely no problems. Plus the algorithm has been tried and tested now for what 15 years? When I go to nitrox I'll probably get an Aeris.

Originally posted by Josh Levinson
I've got the Suunto Cobra... excellent computer, although sometimes its conservatism gets on my nerves (but I suppose that's a good thing). It's got a bit of a small display, but it's well setup, and I like all the options it has that you can play around with. I've owned a USD Scan 4, an Aeris 500AI, a Zeagle Status II, and the Cobra... my favorite is the Cobra. By the way, don't ever waste your money on a Status II, even if you're using two Nitrox mixes on the same dive.

Josh

OK - tell me why the Cobra is your favorite. Do it's functions outweigh it's miserably small display??? What do you look at when you are doing a NDL dive --- a Nitrox dive? And how do you use what you're looking at?

I'm only asking because I'm trying to decide between the Pelagic route (Aeris 750 GT or Oceanic VersaPro) vs. the Suunto Route (Vyper, Cobra or Vytec).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom