Computer Download Software ?'s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryanm

Registered
Reaction score
I have been looking at which computer to buy, I was thinking either the Genesis React, or the Aeris Atmos Pro. I am curious how the download software works... it appears that you need an Infrared Interface for them, well I have a laptop, and nearly all laptops have this built into them. So I am wondering, if I could just get a copy of the CD, or find a way to download the program from someone, would I be able to download them using the laptop's built in IR interface, or do you have to use the manufacturer's one?

I am just trying to find a way to download it without spending a fortune for the download kit. Seems to me that the manufacturers charge an awful lot of money for a hardware interface that probably costs less than 30 bucks, and a relatively simple piece of software.

The new Uwatec Smart computers have an IR interface that you use the IR port of your computer to download with. The Mares IRIS interface are too new for anyone to have build a DYI interface. I haven't seen protocol description for it.

There are some website with descriptions on how to make your own interface. Do a search on google.com and you'll find some.
Uwatec computers have a memomouse that there are DIY interfaces for, with download to PC/palm/WinCE. There are also homemade interfaces for Suunto computers. I have never seen any homemade interfaces for Aeris/Oceanic/Genesis computers.

/Mike

DiverGuy.com

My only disapointment with the Mosquito has been the software for my PC. It does everything I need it to I guess, but I hate that I spent that much for what appears to be a clunky Access program.

Back
Top Bottom