Computer: console or wrist mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinstripe1

Reaction score
I currently have an SPG, depth gauge and compass on my console. Now I'm looking (finally) to buy a computer -- probably a Vyper -- and am trying to decide how/where to mount it.

My thinking is:

Option 1: Remove depth gauge from console, replace with computer. Pros: Computer right next to SPG so all important info is visible in one glance.

Option 2: Keep console as is, put computer on wrist. Pros: Redundancy in case computer goes south. If I put it on my right wrist I can control BC air while monitoring depth. Cons: One more piece of gear to keep track of / misplace / lose. Can't see SPG and computer simultaneously.

I'm also considering Option 3: Put computer on console. Get wrist mount for depth gauge (if possible). Wear both until the day I lose the depth gauge.

Any advise from the board? Thanks,

-- Michael

How about get rid of console, keep spg neat on end of hose. Get wrist mount computer.

I keep one computer in the console and one in a wrist mount, but instead of putting it on my wrist, I put it on my inflator hose. It works well for me.

Compass is not needed for every dive, redundant depth gauge is not needed for every dive. So keep SPG on the hose, other instruments on your wrists, as needed...

Just an opinion... :)

And, if getting rid of the beloved console is too much, go with Option 1.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom