Computer-console clips/holders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I got certified recently and still in the process of purchasing my equipment. Bought a computer (Uwatec ScubaPro), which works great!
I'm looking for recommendations on how to attach it to my body, so it doesn't dangle on its hose, hitting rocks and other objects on the bottom. I have tried tucking it under my BC shoulder strap, which makes it easily accessible in front of me, but it's still prone to hitting things. I probably need some kind of clip/strap, but there are so many choices, I don't really know what would work well... Anyone with experience, please post your suggestions.

Thanks,
Vadim

A retractor is the only way to go. There are several manufacturers and they are reasonablely priced. My new favorite is max force Cetacea that I can attach to my 2'' webbing.

vadik408ca:
I got certified recently and still in the process of purchasing my equipment. Bought a computer (Uwatec ScubaPro), which works great!
I'm looking for recommendations on how to attach it to my body, so it doesn't dangle on its hose, hitting rocks and other objects on the bottom. I have tried tucking it under my BC shoulder strap, which makes it easily accessible in front of me, but it's still prone to hitting things. I probably need some kind of clip/strap, but there are so many choices, I don't really know what would work well... Anyone with experience, please post your suggestions.

Thanks,
Vadim

I just use a retractor and it works great. Keeps the computer right on my hip for easy access. Tons of companies make them and you can get'em cheap on line. Check out www.scubatoys.com.

vadik408ca:
I don't really know what would work well... Anyone with experience, please post your suggestions.
Get a stainless steel boltsnap. They look like this:
http://www.fifthd.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25_26&zenid=b216eaedb3272ecb7b82aff3aa8b0c9a

You can find them at Lowes, online, or enlightened dive shops nationwide. :)

Take a piece of nylon cord, about 10" long. Tie the boltsnap to your computer or to the hose just above where it connects to whatever electronic gizmo you've acquired. The boltsnap clips to a ring on your rig.

It won't get nasty, break, or hang up on anything.

YMMV.

Doc

I also use a retractor, but instead of getting the kind with the clip to attach to my BC, I got the one that has a pin that screws in. That keeps the retractor against my body and minimizes the amount my computer dangles.

With my BC I can tuck my console between the cumberbun and the waist strap. Wear the cumberbun snug (it is depth compensating) and the waist stap a little loose.
Otherwise I use boltsnap as described by Doc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom