Computer Bought - Thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmps

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thanks SB for all the help in my choosing a first computer! I went with the Atmos 2 wrist.

I have the Atmos 2 console with compass, knife, quick disconnect and download cable, love it.

jmps:
Thanks SB..................... the Atmos 2 wrist.
Good choice! Love mine. Simple to use, PC downloadable and Nitrox compatible. You certainly came to the right place to ask......don't ya just love SB?! Happy and safe diving!

Lil38:
......don't ya just love SB?!!

Thanks for the feedback.

SB is great. I really research things before I buy them. I ended up with the ATMOS on some many people having good things to say about it. I liked the larger size of the display over the new smaller XR2 units (and VEO units). I know the ATMOS is liberal but I can always shave off available minutes and watch the nitrogen level directly with it. It seems like a real quality product.

I also went with the AL Legend / Legend Octo for my reg. That too has gotten only great reviews here. It was hard to swallow the price but I decided it was worth it based on those who shared their thoughts. I bought at a LDS based on service and warranty. I got a GREAT deal on the ATMOS 2 because I bought the Reg at the same time. SB gave me the info to choose the balanced octo to avoid problems with the over balanced first. I would not have known about that and gone with a less expensive octo and probably have problems later.

I am looking at a Sherwood Freedom vs a Zeagle Brigade BC. Then I can hold of major purchases for a bit and dive.

If my LDS would not have given me a great price on the ATMOS 2 I was going to go with the Oceanic Versa Pro from ScubaToys for $269 - SB 10%. If you are shopping for a computer this is a great deal and is essentially the same as the ATMOS 2. It has been discontinued and replaced with a smaller Veo unit. I wan't the bigger display. I don't know when Aeris is getting rid of the ATMOS 2 in favor of the XR2. Both are in their 2005 catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom