Compu Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadoo72

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the general consensus of using these computer, air integrated masks? I am looking for a new computer, with nitrox and trimix capabilities, and this mask seems like maybe the way to go. My dilemma might be though, that I run independent doubles...can a mask like this account for both tanks if one has two sending units?

The only computer mask of which I am aware is the Oceanic Datamask (and a few rebrands of the same product).

It is a single transmitter, single mix unit.

The HUD concept, while high in gee whiz factor, is significantly diminished by the fact that the actual computer is pretty thin on capabilities and in fact rather primitive compared to many less expensive computers on the market.

The only computer mask of which I am aware is the Oceanic Datamask (and a few rebrands of the same product).

It is a single transmitter, single mix unit.

The HUD concept, while high in gee whiz factor, is significantly diminished by the fact that the actual computer is pretty thin on capabilities and in fact rather primitive compared to many less expensive computers on the market.

I'm guessing your shop doesn't sell Oceanic or Aeris.

No I don't, but that doesn't impair my ability to give an impartial opinion. scubadoo asked a direct quesion: "can it handle multiple mixes?" short answer no. I didn't try to pitch him something else, just answered his question.

Would I be correct in assuming you ARE an oceanic/aeris dealer?

No I don't, but that doesn't impair my ability to give an impartial opinion. scubadoo asked a direct quesion: "can it handle multiple mixes?" short answer no. I didn't try to pitch him something else, just answered his question.

Would I be correct in assuming you ARE an oceanic/aeris dealer?

I second your answer and your defence, Ive seen the mask and my LDS explained how the mask works. Very primative or basic funtionnallity.

Sorry to hurt your feelings Doug, but yes, primitive. The features and capabilities of this $1500 computer are exceeded by many less expensive computers. Aside from the AI, I don't see the datamask having significantly greater capabilities that your datamax pro did nearly 15 years ago.

I have heard multiple complaints about the clunkyness of the PC download cable. Why not use IR or better yet bluetooth?

You have to admit, aside from the gee whizz factor, it is a very basic computer.

Primitive? Compared to what? If you're looking for a multi-mix computer, it's not going to be on the list of options, but primitive?

It's been a few months since my LDS gave me the low down of this computer,but if my memory serves me the computer only gives you dive time in wet,depth and no deco safe minutes left. In my opinion yes primative as it give no alarm options,no tank presurre,or nitrox.

My shop sells Aeris CompuMasks. I have seen them, worn them, but never dove with them. To me, the primary market for this type of mask would be the public safety divers who dive in such restricted vis that they can't see their own gauges/computers even directly in front of their faces. I think the mask restricts more visibility than I want to sacrifice, so I have never been too interested in it. Besides, it makes your mask much more fragile and you'll cry a whole lot harder when you lose it.

BTW, my hat's off to public safety divers. Those folks have guts!

For an accurate list of features here's a comparision chart showing all the Oceanic compuers. It has features my ProPlusII doesn't have. Other than Buddy Pressure check and miltiple mixes and transmitters it does a little bit more than the flagship VT3 and Atom 2.0.

There's nothing primitive about it that I can see.

For those who don't need tri-mix and multiple transmitters what features are missing?????

The gee-whiz factor really does set it apart from the the competition. I imagine the competition is scrambling to come up with something like it. Time will tell.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom