Compressor on craigslist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porbeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
While looking through craigslist NH (scuba) I found this listed.....,
3 davys military compressors 4 stage 5000 psi @17cfm @1800 RPM
For $775 The poster was from tewksbury Mass. Look it up if any
are interested .
PORBEAGLE (they are not mine,and I have no connection to seller)

Last edited:
I don't know zip about compressors, Is a head an entire compressor?
Anyway, just wanted to let folks know as I do know fill compressors
go for big bucks.
PORBEAGLE

The head is just the pump part. You'd need a frame, filters, motor, drive parts, plumbing etc.

The Daveys were just about only made to gov contract, and have recently been surplused in large numbers. They were extremely expensive when new, so new parts are also very expensive - if you can find them. Davey isn't around anymore, but another company is still making them. They also have a reputation for being not-so-great compressors.

They are big compressors, bigger than most of use need, and take a lot of power to drive.

Most of the parts you find on the civilian market come from cannibalizing compressors, so the most needed parts are often the hardest to find. Daveys can be a great deal if you can get a deal on Gov Liquidation on a low hour surplus one in near-running condition with all the necessary parts, including the filters to produce breathing air.Then you can run it until it breaks, and and if its to expensive to repair, part it out. Otherwise, they can be real money pits.

Bargain Marge on eBay often has Daveys and some parts. You can see what a bare head looks like on her website.

I don't know zip about compressors, Is a head an entire compressor?
Anyway, just wanted to let folks know as I do know fill compressors
go for big bucks.
PORBEAGLE

I have a mc1a that is missing a lifter pump. If someone can pick it up in the next 10 days I will sell it for $500. I am in Deltona, FL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom